Clear Aligners offer a modern and discreet approach to orthodontic treatment, making it possible to achieve a beautifully aligned smile without the need for traditional metal braces. If you desire straighter teeth but are reluctant to wear conventional braces that are noticeable when speaking and smiling, Spark Aligners could be the ideal solution for you.
Spark Aligners are nearly invisible aligner trays that gently and effectively shift your teeth into their desired positions. They are orthodontic appliances designed to straighten teeth and provide patients with a stunning, confident smile without the discomfort and appearance associated with traditional braces. The aligners apply gentle pressure to the teeth, gradually guiding them into alignment over time.
As a proudly Australian-made product, Spark Aligners ensure minimal delays and increased predictability in the treatment process. Designed and manufactured right here in Australia, they offer the highest level of quality and precision.
The aligners themselves are crafted from a clear and flexible material, custom-made to fit each patient’s unique mouth structure perfectly. They are comfortable to wear and virtually invisible, allowing you to go about your daily activities without feeling self-conscious about your orthodontic treatment. Clear Aligners are an excellent option for anyone who prefers a discreet and convenient solution to straightening their teeth.
Throughout the treatment journey, patients wear the aligners for approximately 20–22 hours a day, removing them only during meals and for oral hygiene routines. Approximately every two weeks, the aligners are replaced with the next set in the treatment plan, gradually shifting the teeth towards their desired positions. The length of the treatment process can vary depending on individual cases, with some treatments taking as little as six months while others may extend up to 18 months.
Thanks to advances in technology and dental techniques, Clear Aligners provide efficient and effective results, allowing patients to achieve their dream smiles in a relatively short period of time. The treatment process typically spans 12 months, but each treatment plan is customised to meet the unique needs and goals of the individual patient. Our dental team will work closely with you to create a personalised plan that aligns with your preferences and desired outcome.
The journey to a straighter smile begins with a comprehensive assessment of your teeth and gums, including a 3D scan that offers superior comfort and accuracy compared to traditional impressions. Additionally, facial photographs will be taken to document progress and design your ideal smile. This thorough evaluation ensures that your Clear Aligner treatment plan is tailored to your specific dental needs.
Within just one week, you will be presented with your personalised treatment plan, outlining the steps of your Clear Aligner journey. The treatment plan will detail how your teeth will gradually shift into alignment, providing you with a clear understanding of what to expect during the process.
As you progress through your Clear Aligner treatment, you will have periodic visits to our dental practise for check-ups and to receive the next set of aligners. These follow-up appointments are essential for monitoring your progress and making any necessary adjustments to ensure optimal results.
Upon completing your Clear Aligner treatment, you will be delighted to unveil your beautifully aligned smile. Our dental team will provide you with retainers to maintain the new position of your teeth, ensuring the longevity of your results. Regular follow-up appointments will also be scheduled to monitor the stability of your smile and address any concerns.
Spark Aligners offer a convenient, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing solution to achieve the straight smile you’ve always wanted. With the superior technology and craftsmanship of Spark Aligners, you can trust a reliable and effective orthodontic treatment that brings out the best in your smile.
If you are ready to transform your smile discreetly and confidently, contact our dental team today to schedule a consultation. We look forwards to guiding you through your Clear Aligner journey and helping you achieve the radiant, straight smile you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Clear Aligners better than braces?
Clear aligners have numerous advantages over traditional braces:
- It require less frequent appointments than braces which were to tighten the wires and check the condition of the braces. With clear aligners, patients simply switch to the next set of aligners, which are created according to the order of treatment prescribed by their dentist.
- Aesthetically, they are nearly invisible, making them less noticeable than metal braces.
- More comfortable: Clear aligners are made of smooth, comfortable thermoplastic polyurethane materials that are BPA and phthalate free material that doesn’t irritate the cheeks or lips.
- Customisation: They are custom-made for you, allowing for a more precise fit and effective treatment. You can also view 3D Visualisations and see what your teeth will look like after treatment before during and at the end of your treatment.
- Faster Treatment: They often straighten teeth faster than braces can.
- Spark Aligners is Australian-made in Melbourne with dependable service.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners are suitable for many people with mild to moderate orthodontic issues, such as:
- Crowded teeth: Clear aligners can be effective in treating mild to moderate tooth crowding.
- Gapped teeth: They can be used to close spaces between the teeth.
- Overbite: Clear aligners can be used to treat mild to moderate overbites.
- Underbite: They can be used to treat mild underbites.
- Crossbite: Clear aligners can be used to correct crossbites in certain cases.
- Mild to moderately crooked teeth: They can be used to straighten mild to moderate tooth misalignment.
It is important to note that clear aligners may not be suitable for everyone may not be effective for more complex orthodontic issues. The best option will depend on the individual’s specific orthodontic needs. A consultation with Bella Dental can help determine which option is best for you.
How long does Clear Aligner treatment take?
The length of clear aligner treatment can vary depending on the severity of the orthodontic issue and the treatment plan prescribed by your dentist. On average, clear aligner treatment can take anywhere from 6 to 18 months.
For milder cases, treatment may only take 6 to 12 months, while more complex cases may take up to 18 months or longer. The exact length of treatment will depend on factors such as the type and severity of the orthodontic issue, the patient’s age, and their cooperation with the treatment plan.
Clear aligner treatment involves wearing each set of aligners for approximately 2 weeks before switching to the next set in the treatment plan. Your dentist will monitor the progress of the treatment and adjust the plan as needed.
It is important to note that clear aligners require the patient’s full cooperation and commitment to wearing the aligners for the prescribed amount of time each day. Failing to wear the aligners as directed can prolong the treatment time.
Does wearing Clear Aligners hurt?
Clear aligners can cause discomfort when first put in and when switching to a new set of aligners. This discomfort is usually described as a pressure or tightness sensation, and it is a normal part of the treatment process. The pressure is what moves the teeth into the desired position over time.
The discomfort is usually temporary and should subside after a few days. If the discomfort persists or is severe, it is important to contact us for guidance.
In some cases, It may cause temporary sore spots on the cheeks or gums. These can be relieved by using orthodontic wax or taking a break from wearing the aligners for a short time.
It is important to follow the orthodontist’s instructions and wear the aligners as directed to minimize discomfort and ensure the best treatment results
What happens if Clear Aligners don’t work?
If clear aligners don’t work, it is usually because the patient did not follow the dentist’s instructions or did not wear the aligners for the prescribed amount of time each day. This can cause the treatment to take longer or not achieve the desired result.
In some cases, clear aligners may not be effective for a specific orthodontic issue, and your dentist may recommend alternative treatment options, such as traditional metal braces.
If clear aligners are not working as expected, it is important to contact us for a follow-up appointment. Your dentist will assess the treatment progress and make any necessary adjustments to the plan.
If clear aligners are not working and alternative treatment options are not feasible, your dentist may suggest a different type of clear aligner system that may be better suited for your specific needs.
It is important to remember that clear aligners are not a one-size-fits-all solution, and the best course of treatment will depend on your specific orthodontic needs and goals.
: Clear aligners require the patient’s full cooperation and commitment to wearing the aligners for the prescribed amount of time each day. If a patient is not willing to wear the aligners as directed, the treatment may not be effective
When are clear aligners not appropriate?
- Severe orthodontic issues: Clear aligners may not be effective for severe orthodontic issues, such as severe overcrowding, severe bite problems (overbite, underbite, crossbite), or severe jaw problems.
- Children with growing jaws: Children with growing jaws may require a different type of orthodontic treatment, as clear aligners may or may not be suitable for a developing jaw, consult Bella Dental for more information.
- Patients with a history of tooth grinding or clenching: Clear aligners may not be durable enough to withstand the excessive force generated by tooth grinding or clenching.
- Patients with certain medical conditions: Patients with certain medical conditions, such as temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, may not be suitable candidates for clear aligners.
- Patients who are not committed to wearing the aligners: Clear aligners require the patient’s full cooperation and commitment to wearing the aligners for the prescribed amount of time each day. If a patient is not willing to wear the aligners as directed, the treatment may not be effective
How to care for Clear Aligners?
Practising good oral hygiene habits while being treated with clear aligners is easy.
- Remove the aligners and brush and floss your teeth as usual. Brush the aligner and rinse it with water to keep them free from bacteria.
Never use hot water to rinse or clean the aligners because the plastic could warp. You should call our office if your aligner is damaged in any way.
2. It’s important for clear aligner wearers to brush their teeth after every meal before re-wearing the aligners, as bacteria can become trapped against the teeth and the aligners can become stained as well as tooth can become decayed underneath.
To book yourself or your child for a consultation, or to learn more, contact our office to find out more information. We are happy to schedule a consultation appointment so you can find out whether clear aligners are a good option for you.